Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sorry For the Absence!

Hey Dawg Fans! I would like to start by apologizing for my absence. I had a family emergency and have been out of action for a few weeks. A lot has happened with our beloved Dawgs the past few weeks. There are times in life when we are happy to be wrong, and this has certainly been one of those cases! The Dawgs have really been impressive up to this point. Sans the Clemson game, which I think may have been a different story with a healthy Gurley, the Dawgs have shown up to play. South Carolina may not be quite as good as thought, but LSU is no joke.

I would like to give shout outs to a few players in particular:

1) Aaron Murray: Awesome! As many know I have pointed out before, the big game losses haven't all been Murray's fault. I would say he certainly didn't get much help in the So Car and LSU games again, but still managed to overcome tough defenses and light the scoreboard up. He really deserves credit for standing tall in two monster games and pulling his team through.

2) The offense line: Geez! These guys have played incredible against 2 awesome defenses! They have managed big holes for the run game and have consistently given Murray time, especially in the big moments of the game. They have impressed me more than just about anyone else and they really deserve some credit. If their play continues at that level, nobody should beat UGA including the SEC Championship and BCS. Way to go, guys!

3) The Defense: Yes, I said it. As a defensive player at heart, I respect how hard it is for these young guys to come in and face 3 of the better and balanced offenses in college football right out of the gate. I wish they had consistently played better and there certainly is A LOT of room for improvement. What I will give them credit for is something you can't teach and has been missing from UGA defenses for years: Making plays when you need them! After getting beaten up for 4 quarters, they made the goal line stand they needed against South Carolina. And then getting smoked all day by LSU, they stepped up and made 4 solid plays to win the game. I have to be honest, after years of watching our defense, I was certain we were going to lose after we left over a minute on the clock. It is hard as hell to stand strong and win the game when you have been hammered on all day. I think that reflects well on what this defense is capable of when they gain experience. Keep your head up, defense! You survived what nobody thought you could survive and you pulled through for the Dawgs when they needed you the most. You are far ahead of our past defenses! Also, kudos for being able to shut down LSU's run game. We lose that game if we let LSU run at will and keep the offense on the sidelines.

Again, sorry for the absence, but I will continue trying to put together some interesting and fun outlook on games. I will also try to keep up my skepticism as it appears to be the missing ingredient in UGA success! Next up, I will address a topic I keep hearing from fans and media alike that I think is ridiculous...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's try to keep it clean and free of trolls. We encourage discussion, but please don't be disrespectful.